Monday, November 4, 2013

New Furniture!

You'll have to excuse my blurry IPhone picture and the coat hanging in the corner!

We've been in our house for a year a half now and it's slowly but surely starting to feel like a home! I spent my weekend searching craigslist for great deals and picking up furniture because we are having a dinner party, a birthday party and thanksgiving dinner at our house (in the next 4 weeks!). I am VERY particular about what I want, and I'm also very cheap. Add those two together and it can be pretty tricky to find anything that fits my standards! I figure if I'm going to buy something, why pay more for it than I have to?!
Our dining room table was actually given to us by my aunt who no longer needed a table that big. The blue chairs came from Home Goods (my favorite store!). the black chairs,  the white wicker chairs and the hutch were both craigslist finds. And the buffet was given to us because a family friend was going to throw it away. The giant lantern and buffet lamps are from Old Time Pottery.
I plan to refinish the hutch, buffet and table, and spray paint the wicker chairs….but for now the eclectic look is growing on me. Up to this point, this room has cost us a total of $600!
The room definitely needs some wall decor and maybe a big rug….but this room is definitely becoming one of my favorite rooms in our house!

This is a close up of lantern decorated for fall

No comments:

Post a Comment