Monday, November 11, 2013

English Muffin Bread

I am new the world of bread making…mostly because I avoided it. Making bread seemed like such a daunting task that I wasn't prepared to tackle. My first few attempts turned out just okay (I assume it's because I didn't know what I was doing!) However, my mom recently sent me this amazing recipe for English Muffin Bread originally featured by One Good Thing By Jilliee, and it was easy enough that even I couldn't mess it up! Who doesn't love a good fail-proof recipe? You literally take all of the ingredients, dump them all in a bowl, and mix. Making homemade bread is so much more economical than buying store bought and you can't even compare the taste. To make it even better, I made some homemade cinnamon butter that I found on just a pinch which was the icing on the cake……I mean bread.

**I did change a few things in the recipe, so I've listed my version below. You can check out the original recipe HERE

Photo Cred.


English Muffin Bread
5 1/2 cups warm water
3 packages yeast
2 Tablespoons salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
11 cups flour (I used 5 1/2 cups bread flour and 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour)
Mix altogether in a mixer with the dough hook (just enough to combine). Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in warm place. Let dough rise until it reaches the top of the bowl (about 45 minutes). Kneed dough a couple of times and then spoon into (3) well greased loaf pans (my loaf pans are pretty big…you may need to use 4). Cover again, and let rise in pans until dough reaches the top of the pans (about another 45 minutes). Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. 10 minutes before done, brush with melted butter. Makes 3 loaves. Bread will be moist at first. Allow to COOL COMPLETELY before cutting. Makes terrific toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment